Thursday 1 December 2016

Day 75: Post-Op Lady Dar and GFA Flash Mob Blues: Thursday, December 1st!

If God exists, I hope he has a good excuse. -Woody Allen, author, actor, and filmmaker (b. 1 Dec 1935)  



Hi Soon to be Barbados Bound Rosemary! Thank you for the lovely message. We certainly enjoyed your stay and kittens keep asking when you will return! Glad you are working your way back into things, although sorry to hear that you are still plagued with eye drops! Trust January will bring an end to treatments.

Thanks as well for outlining dates in March. With Lady Dar just back on Tuesday, (I'll let her fill you in on time in Vancouver although I know she had a terrific time, aside for simply deplorable weather! Rain, rain and more heavy, torrential rain!), we don't seem to have had a moment to sit down and make some definite travel plans. However, we need to do this, obviously for a variety of reasons, but social schedule ahead may well make it difficult. Per esempio, she left at 10:00 am this morning, to drive with a number of friends from Grandmothers For Africa, to participate in a Flash-Mob performance at at shopping mall in Kelowna, in support of
World AIDS Day. Then back to Penticton for a similar gig at Cherry Lane, at 1:30 pm.

Out for dinner, on Saturday, at the home of  friends, Nancita and Guillermo, just down Burns, a block north of us so we can walk! Farmers' Market, at the Shatford, earlier that morning. Lady Dar wants to buy a Christmas Wreath for front door, as well as various vegetables, cheeses, etc. Sunday we are having five for dinner, (Pamela and her husband, Bill; Sandy, [Double Bass Woman], and her husband, Norberto, and Spumoni), so perhaps we can talk about our European junket on Friday evening!

Must away as I want to have a bite to eat before I walk to Community Centre for my React session. Lovely, crisp day, so looking forward to the jaunt. Take care of yourself. Fondestos to you and Andre. Cheers, Patrizzio!
I walked to Community Centre for my React session this afternoon. Gorgeous, clear, sunny day, so really enjoyed the stroll. Did a few minutes over an hour of deep water walking. Pleased as punch as I did 21 circuits, (back and forth from drop-off to edge of pool), in just a little over time it took me to do 17 on Tuesday, so believe I am getting stronger and more efficient. On walk home I noticed how much snow there is on the surrounding hills. Realized I'd left my "gripper" at the pool so called Lady Dar, out running errands, and she popped by facility to collect it.

Must way as I'm charged with making a salad. Lady Dar is unable to get up as she is weighed down by adoring cats. I cannot believe that she has managed to hook them on soaps!


Hello, Katarina: Greetings from BC. It was great meeting while you were visiting Penticton. I enjoyed your Poland biking presentation. It really tweeked my interest in biking in your neck of the woods. I know that my friend Carol & I will be interested in doing a biking/hiking trip in 2018. I was glad that you were able to join us on the hike to Covert Farms in Oliver and I enjoyed the chats we had. Hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in Vancouver before heading back home.

I am definitely interested in the Hiking & Spa trip to Slovakia in June 2017. I will pass along this info to some other friends who may be interested in joining me.

I am leaving for Maui, Hawaii tomorrow for a week of fun in the sun with friends from Vancouver. Then back home to get ready for our annual Xmas Open House and enjoy all the Xmas festivities with friends. Pls keep me posted on your hiking/spa trip to Slovakia. Regards Mary Lee

Good Morning, Pat ................ Thanks for your email and pics of Penticton Creek.  Isn't the water in the creek amazing and we live so closeby it.



I was hoping to stop by to see you on the weekend but we had dinner plans on all 3 nights and then theatre Sunday afternoon & the great Grey Cup where Ottawa won in OT.  Sure was exciting!!



I've been up snowshoeing at Nickel Plate on Monday & Tuesday.  Lots of white fluffy snow up there and perfect for snowshoeing.  When I came home Tuesday from the hill, I was still able to get out for a bike ride with hubby along the river channel to enjoy the sunshine & warm weather.  Yesterday sure felt like winter coming.



I've been teaching some of the gals in the walking/hiking group how to play Mah Jong these past few weeks on Friday afternoon after a day of biking.  They sure are enjoying it!!



My Mom was taken to Emergency Tues. night with bleeding ulcers.  She had an Endoscopy & blood transfusion yesterday.  She is still in hospital & her condition is being monitored.

My Dad recently got diagnosed with Stage 1 kidney cancer and will be having kidney surgery to remove the kidney in March.  I will be flying back to ON in March for 6 weeks to be there for his pre-op, surgery & recovery.  Also to take care of my Mom while he recuperates.  It is difficult to see our parents aging with all their medical problems.



I am flying to Maui tomorrow for a week with 2 girlfriends from Vancouver.  I will be back next Sat. Dec. 10th and will definitely be able to attend your Xmas Open House in the evening.  I may still stop by to say "HI" before I leave.



With my Mom in the hospital, I will be worrying about her all week.  Hopefully, Mom is stable till I get home.



Take care of yourself and keep up the good work with React.  Happy to hear that all your physio is getting you back into 'Tip Top' shape for hiking & biking. Sure miss seeing your cheery face. Cheers!! Mary Lee :-)

Hello Maui Mary! Can hardly wait to hear about all your travel adventures, not to mention descriptions of the many drinks with tiny umbrellas and you haven't even reached Hawaii yet! Glad you sent along a note to Katarina. Am still waiting to hear about firm dates for cycling in Slovakia before we can finalize our own travel dates. Sorry we weren't able to have even a brief visit but I assume you were pretty busy getting ready for your holiday.

Very, very sorry to hear about the ill health of both of your parents. Must be a constant worry and concern for you. I trust you will be able to leave some of this obvious stress behind when in the sun and surf. I envy you your snowshoeing and biking but really cannot complain about how my rehab is progressing.
Have a wonderful time in Maui and look forward to seeing you at our Open House. Forgot to mention that, at some point, I'd love to learn how to play Mah Jong, so perhaps we can chat about that as well as your umbrella drinks. Fondestos to you, from The Mistress of The Cat Emporium, in absentia! Travel safely. See you soon, MM! Cheers, Patrizzio!
Next Monday will be a shorter hike. We will do the Guy's Cache trail in White Lake. It has been weed whacked and will be easier to follow than the last time. It took me 2.5 hours last time I did it (this past Sunday). We could always do more in the White Lake area if we want to hike longer. So meet at Home Hardware in Penticton at 9 am and Summerlanders can carpool at 8:40 am from the IGA parking lot. 


No comments:

Post a Comment