Monday 12 December 2016

Day 86, Post-Op Arrivederci Ragin' Bull Blues: Monday, December 12th!

The ring always believes that the finger lives for it. -Malcolm De Chazal, writer and painter (12 Dec 1902-1981)


Today's hike & Pics from Al: https://goo.gl/photos/j3zYThNNevm634YB7 Al  
Could hardly be nicer. Cheers, Al Next Monday we will hike on Campbell Mtn, near the dump in Penticton. So meet at Home Hardware in Penticton at 9am and Summerlanders can carpool at 8:40am at the IGA parking lot. Pam 

Very, very  considerate felines this morning who allowed us to sleep in until 8:30 am! No shenanigans of any sort to force us out from under the warm covers to face a brisk morning. Had been snowing lightly last night so I had  expected a reasonable amount to shovel. However, the wind was blowing quite strongly and so it did a great jog of ridding our car as well as Branko's of what had fallen. Still need to shovel our front walkway, although a neighbour did the public sidewalk. Maybe Duke and Etta used their tails to sweep it, particularly Miss Etta as she loves to wade through the small snowbanks in our front yard!

Hi Patrizzio, it's been a good trip but we are glad to be home. Craig took a lot of pics. Peru is an interesting country. Two days ago I was in the jungle with heat and high humidity and now I'm here. Going to rest up, do up the laundry etc., and well, I was hoping to have a final bridge evening. Please let me know. Thanks and hugs, Olly Welcome Home, Olga Polga! Delighted to learn that you enjoyed such a wonderful trip! We missed you at our Open House but understand your demanding travel schedule. At the bash, a number of the Bridge Folk expressed an interest to play this coming Wednesday so we are more than happy to join the group. We are off to LA next morning but are planning being packed and ready to go so would like to see everyone before Christmas. We are happy to host unless somebody else wishes to do so. Let me know who is interested and we'll plan accordingly. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Patrick; Firstly, thanks muchly to you and Corinne for such a nice Open House! It was a lot of fun to see everyone in their non-hiking clothes! I couldn't believe the spread that you and Corinne had produced. What a feast! Everything that I tried was delicious. As for bridge, if you have enough for 2 tables I'd be happy to come. I'm assuming you will have more than 4 players. With Olly, you just need one more person. It would be nice for you and Corinne to play this time. If there are just 4 players (including me) I would be happy to host. I can only sit 4 people around the dining room table. I have my coffee table as well, but you aren't able to sit there... If I don't see you on Wednesday, have a safe journey south and a wonderful time! Have a very Merry Christmas! Pam

I'm in for Bridge Patrizzio! and thank you and Corrine for hosting. Who else is coming? It'll be so nice to see you folks again./ Hugs, Olly 

Patrick, Just pulled into my driveway. More details to follow. Thanks again//bjp Hi Ragin'! Glad you made it home, safely and soundly! Will be curious to hear how the roads were. We both enjoyed your stay and all your help with the lights, of course. As well, I've been editing the snaps we both took of Open House and hope to post them later tonight or tomorrow morning. Thanks very much for the wonderful pictures.

Loads to do to ready the house for the felines and their cat-sitter, as well as packing but I think we are in reasonably good shape for Thursday's departure. Take care of yourself and I'll be in touch when in LA. Cheers, Patrizzio!

PS: As you can tell, I've included Sarge in this message, as well as both your phone numbers, the better to facilitate the wine/cheese exchange! Pics: Local wild life! Arrivederci Ragin'! Duke sunning atop pillows this afternoon! Nap time!
 


Greetings, Patrizzio and Lady Dar, Sadly, we will be unable to attend your open house because we have family arriving from Victoria about then and family already with us. Have a wonderful celebration, and we look forward to seeing you in the New Year. Anthea and Jim Sorry about missing your open house and replying thinking that the event was next week! We have been so busy helping our family move and welcoming family for an early Christmas that I was all confused! Anthea

Hi ABC, (Anthea Bryan Confused)! Naturally, we are both sorry that you were not able join us but certainly understand how busy things must be. (Have attached the album of Open House, if interested.) Certainly look forward to seeing you both in 2017. Until then, Happy Christmas and a Healthy New Year to you and family. All the very best. Fondestos from Lady Dar. Cheers, Patrizzio!  

Hi Patrick; Firstly, thanks muchly to you and Corinne for such a nice Open House! It was a lot of fun to see everyone in their non-hiking clothes! I couldn't believe the spread that you and Corinne had produced. What a feast! Everything that I tried was delicious. As for bridge, if you have enough for 2 tables I'd be happy to come. I'm assuming you will have more than 4 players. With Olly, you just need one more person. It would be nice for you and Corinne to play this time. If there are just 4 players (including me) I would be happy to host. I can only sit 4 people around the dining room table. I have my coffee table as well, but you aren't able to sit there... If I don't see you on Wednesday, have a safe journey south and a wonderful time! Have a very Merry Christmas! Pam

Hi Spumoni! Absolutely delighted that you could join us and that you enjoyed yourself, Copper Moon and all! It was great to see everyone dressed differently, I do agree. Thank you so much for the lovely dish towels. Almost too, too attractive to use so I'll save them, (Lady Dar never does dishes, don'tcha' know!), until ones I am currently using are only fit for cleaning my bike chain!

With respect to bridge I haven't heard from anyone other than you and Olga Polga so I will send out another message, trying to drum up players. Thanks for offering to host if we only have four players. I'll confirm, one way or another, as soon as I know more. At any rate, we will see each other, one way or another, on Wednesday. Furthermore,
thank you for the travel and Christmas wishes. Enjoy your stay with your brother and family. All the very best. Fondestos from Lady Dar. Chat soon. Cheers, Patrizzio! 


Patrick, Thanks for the nice party. Lots of good people. Could you please Google Ronaldo and show Branco who is the highest paid footballer. We had a discussion about it and he thought it was the Welshman Bale. Cheers, Peter 

Hi Corinne & Patrick—Many thanks for a most successful party on Saturday chez vous. We enjoyed it very much. Good wine, good food, good company! How about dinner chez nous on Tuesday, January 3 or Wednesday, January 4? Around 6:00ish? See you then. Cheers! Lynnie and Peter Hi Lurkin' and AWON Man! Absolutely delighted that you could join us and that you enjoyed yourselves. Thank you so much for the wonderful, wonderful bottle of wine! I plan to drink it when Lady Dar is next at her Book Club! Ragin' Bull grudgingly agreed that you, Jugo, were right about the highest paid footballer. Took it out on me by drinking most of a bottle of expensive malt, Caol Ila Stitchell Reserve, 59.6%!

I know that Cora Lee has accepted your lovely dinner invitation, Lynne, so thank you again for that.
Certainly look forward to seeing you both in early 2017. Until then, Happy Christmas and a Healthy New Year to you and family. All the very best. Fondestos from Lady Dar. Cheers, Patrizzio!





 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment