Saturday 3 December 2016

Day 77, Post-Op Naughty Nancita, Guillermo Barney Blues: Saturday, December 3rd!

Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. -Franklin D. Roosevelt, 32nd US President (1882-1945)


We should be here until Xmas day so I look forward to seeing you. On Sunday the 18th I will be glued to the Raider game in the afternoon. Monday is open so let me know what your plans are..........Dav 

Hello Patrick and Dar: We would love to be at the get together on the 10th. We don’t see the group much as we go on a slower hike these days. Jud and Louise Hi Jud and Louisa! Delighted that you will be able to make it to our Open House. Look forward to seeing you both. I have not been hiking since my left-hip repalcement surgery on September 15th. However, very pleased to report that my rehab has gone extremely well, so cannot complain about recovery period at all.


Ron Simmer shared an event with you: Pop Up Art Sow - Merry Icksmas

Hi Patrick, I spoke to Bill about the fir. He plans to use the remaining wood for our supply. See you tomorrow night. Pamela Hi Pamela! Understand completely about wanting fir for your own wood supply. I'm just happy that I managed to obtain what I did, so thanks so much for that.

On the malt matter, did you happen to mention Cask Futures to Bill? After the Winter Farmers' Market this morning, (Lady Dar picked up a Christmas planter and I also bought some stocking stuffers), I collected 6 bottles of Syrah from Terravista. Bob/Senka have put in for two shares so I'm only looking for one more investor($208 for four bottles@62.5%) Not a big deal, one way or another, and we can chat tomorrow if he is interested. Cheers, Patrizzio!


Hey Patrick, We were off to the Gold Coast for some Christmas cheer over the weekend with Tony and Elly and others and I now know what it’s like to be in a house that apparently is worth 8 million dollars (One of Tony’s friend down the coast). All of them seemed to think I am a bit crazy to want to go and try to ride 150 km with a mad Canadian whereas I think it might be fun. 

Anyhow Christmas is rapidly approaching and our granddaughter will see in her first Christmas. So we have a really good reason to have Christmas. We have now completed our planning for the excursion to the Mekong delta with Sarge and Flamin and we are really looking forward to catching up with them. As an appetiser to the ride later in the year.

Our daughter Fiona looks like moving back in with us so she can get her feet back on the ground after some rather unfortunate financial decision over the past year or so. Oh the joy of being parents. Anyhow have a great Christmas and I will try to put together a precis of our year in the next week or. Cheers from Greg and Claire


Hi Patrick, Have you reached the magic number of 11 yet? As previously indicated, I am in. If you are short a body or so, Don Currie may be interested. I told him about it, and he said he would get back to me after trying the Wiser's Union 52 I recommended. Colin Hi Patrick,  As much as I would like to meet those felines (and raid your single malts), we will not be able to attend. I have to be ready to go in and have my eye poked with a sharp metal object on Monday (injection into the eyeball), so can't risk disappointing the doctor. Maybe next year. Colin 

 Hi Colin! Sorry that you and Jo-Anne will not be at our Open House! Ragin' Bull, (Friend, Branko, who came with me to your place this past summer.), is driving up on Wednesday for Saturday's bash! Even sorrier to hear about your eye situation. Do hope what seems like quite a painful treatment goes well and is successful.

I have reached the magic number of 11 but thanks for thinking of Don. I just sent a message to Grant so once I hear back from him I will be in touch with group. You will see from message I will post shortly that I'd like to collect payment around the end of December but I'm sure there will be a certain amount of flexibility around timing. Again, Buona Fortuna with eye procedure. Cheers, Patrizzio! 


Sorry Patrick, but I couldn't resist shearing your writing with my friends and hosts here in Calgary, for all of us good laugh. Thanks a lot. Keep up with your exercises, your cats are indeed adorable. See you soon. Cheers Mike

Hi OF'ies,We just came back from our trip, not yet organized. This coming Thursday (8 Dec) Martin and Kilian will lead a hike to a Summerland peak, a
surprise ... which peak will depend on weather! So, meet at the
Summerland IGA at 0900AM. Those who come from Penticton can meet at
8:40AM at Home Hardware and make their way to the Summerland IGA.
Hope you can make it! Cheers, Aart 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment