Tuesday 13 December 2016

Day 87, Post-Op X-ray React Blues: Tuesday, December 13th!

The walls of books around him, dense with the past, formed a kind of insulation against the present world and its disasters. -Ross Macdonald, novelist (13 Dec 1915-1983)


Corinne, we just added a TV show you might like! A series of incidents in Afghanistan set complicated political and personal events in motion for a returning Norwegian Special Forces officer. This looks good!! Chloë


Hello Procrastinating Bridge Players! As of this writing, Spumoni, Olga Polga, Lady Dar and I are confirmed for bridge on Wednesday. If nobody else is interested, or available, we will convene at Spumoni's place, as she has very kindly offered to serve very, very expensive wine! If we can muster 7 then we can have two tables here, dummy rotating. Please let me know, as soon as you can, so we can concretize location and number of bridge prizes needed! Fondestos from Lady Dar. Cheers, Patrizzio! PS: Jugos Dom Pedro, you are welcome, as always! Great illustrated story from Open House @ Burnstreet.Wonderful hosts as well. Come home relaxed and we'll play bridge in Summerland in the New Year. Cheers, Jos
 
Patrick, Regretfully, I am unable to make Bridge tomorrow night. My apologies for my tardy reply. I have been dealing with a few mini crises (crisi?) at the house. I sure appreciate you hosting. Pam Hi Patrick, I'm flying to the Island from Vancouver this morning to see my brother. Hope you have a quorum for bridge. Nice sunny and cold day here. Have a good drive south. Cheers, Peter Count me in! Olly Have to pass this time. Welcome back Olly,looking forward to hear more about your adventure. Happy Travels to Patrick and Corinne. I will see some of you on the trail this Thursday. Warm Greetings, Jos Hi All, and welcome back Olly. I have to pass this time as well, but it looks like you have a full suite at the table, so have fun everyone. See you at the bone-fire on Thursday. Cheers. Mike All the best Olly, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, and many very good bridge games in the near future. Cheers. Mike

Hello Deborah! Trust you are well. This is to let you know that I had the follow-up x-rays taken this morning at Penticton General. I was assured that results would be forwarded to your office. My wife and I are driving to Los Angeles for Christmas, leaving this coming Thursday. I can be reached at this email address if you need to contact me. For my part, I have not experienced any pain or other difficulties with left hip, since last seeing Dr Duncan. 

Thanks again, for everything.
Happy Christmas and a Healthy New Year to you and family, and to Dr Duncan, as well. All the very best. Cheers, Patrizzio!


Could hardly be nicer.
Cheers,
Al
 

Have to pass this time. Welcome back Olly,looking forward to hear more about your adventure. Happy Travels to Patrick and Corinne. I will see some of you on the trail this Thursday. Warm Greetings, Jos 
 
Hi All, and welcome back Olly. I have to pass this time as well, but it looks like you have a full suite at the table, so have fun everyone. See you at the bone-fire on Thursday. Cheers. Mike Patrick, Regretfully, I am unable to make Bridge tomorrow night. My apologies for my tardy reply. I have been dealing with a few mini crises (crisi?) at the house. I sure appreciate you hosting. Pam

Hi Spumoni and Olga Polga! Just the four of us so we'll convene at our place, if you don't mind, Spumoni. It will be easier for us, as we are off the next day, as you know. Look forward to seeing you, Olga Polga. Expect both of you see around 6:15 pm, if that is fine. Sorry the rest of you cannot make it! All the best to Josinta, Pamela and Michaelo. Will plan to play in 2017! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Well Patriçio, … when I arrived in Vancouver, I wept, for there were no highways left to conquer. The 97c was a good choice. Just hard pack. -16c at the top. Trouble with that is, it’s like driving over frozen peas. They don’t squish and get slippery, but it’s like driving over ball bearings. Critical to keep the car aligned in the direction you are going … and *NO* quick tugs on the wheel at any time!


Worst, when you hit the dry sections, snow tires (at least Sandy’s) which have terrific grip on snow, start to wander at ~120k and are almost impossible @140. Suffice to say, I was gearing down a lot going downhill as to use the back wheels to brake. Watch out for those trucks! They are going slower than it looks, and when you suddenly can’t change lanes (not that there are any - certainly can’t see the lines) they come up real fast! I explained these issues to Sandy, but used the benchmark of ~100K … she remarked “you didn’t go faster than that did you? - I had to plead the 5th … The weather was flawless. Clear blue sky all the way - clouded over a bit just before sundown. Truly spectacular scenery, but tough to focus on while driving and nowhere to stop to take pics. Swirling vortexes of white powder lend a ghostly sense to the experience. Of course, there must be a fly in the ointment.
About 30 minutes short of Port Mann bridge, start of rush hour, CBC announces that the Alex Fraser is closed indefinitely due to falling ice. Also, (both!) North and South stalls on another majour bridge and all traffic is advised to head for the Port Mann! OK, most traffic is heading East, but enough is heading West to add an hour to the next 50 or so Km until well past the portMann. Of course, just for spite, the HOV lanes on the Port Mann were closed (due to falling ice) which caused the need for merging … Auuuurrrrrgggghhhhh. But can’t complain - the East bound traffic was gridlocked almost back to Main street! Can you imagine having a job that requires this kind of commuting???
 
I ran Sandy’s car through a wash - it looked like Hell covered with road grit and salt - filed up the tank and returned it. She informed me that she was happy to get her car back because she didn’t like mine. It was “old and smelly”. Ok, sooorrryyy. I don’t have covered parking, so it gets a bit damp and you have to let it warm up to drive out the musky smell. She used to like driving a stick shift, now she obviously does not appreciate a car tuned for the track (racing cams, etc.). She has gone soft.
Soooooo … went back home, made some soup. Fortunately, had some cheese for sandwiches and some wine in a cardboard box in my car, watched a movie and went to bed. Slept in a bit, lazy day unpacking, soon to do a shopping run for mi padre. Thanks again for your hospitality! I will submit my ideas for your stereo shelf unit shortly and hope to see you in the Spring for a construction session. I’ll bring my cycle so maybe we can do a KVR day (or two!). Enjoy your trip to the City of Angels! cheers//bjp PS. Here’s that Dilbert I like …


Hi Kids! Trust everyone is well! Tomorrow we will spend all day packing car so that we can blast off by 8:00 am. Hosting a table of bridge in the evening but will kick out friends by 9:30 pm so that we can be in bed reasonably early. They are both in hiking group and there is a regular hike on Thursday so they usually want to quit by that time anyway! Must away as the fire needs another log! Fondestos from Lady Dar. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Today, Brunch Overlefts, (Lady Dar's baked beans.), for felines; Napping and watching The Young and the Useless; Duke's Christmas toy!

Did you find my black camisole? Hi Josinta! Since when did Aarturo start wearing your clothes? I believe Lady Dar found the camisole and will leave it with Spumoni so she can bring it to Thursday's hike. Sorry you cannot join us for last bridge evening of 2016. Happy Christmas to you, Josinta, Dimple Man and family and a Healthy New Year to one and all! Fondestos from Lady Dar. Stay well, dear friends. Cheers, Patrizzio! Thank you penfantasypat! Great photos and story. I would not wear Josinta's clothes because they would turn into potatoes bags once I pull them over my head. However, her bra size is big enough for my head and shrinking brain. So, ok there. We wish you a great trip, Happy Christmas, please drive safely. Look forward seeing you and Dar early january.  Hugs, Aarturo

Forecast is for probable snow maybe ice on wednesday. Should be ok thurs. Maybe some slippery spots. Take care. Fri looks okay as you travel south. But it's going to be cold. See you soon. Marilyn Hi Weather Woman! Thanks for forecast. Much appreciated. Cold here, as well. Felines prefer to stay cosy, on an armchair, close to fire! See you soon. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: What a life!   


December 13 is Acadian Remembrance Day. The symbol of the black star is in remembrance of deportation tragedies.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment