Wednesday 30 November 2016

Day 74, Post-Op Wrecking Crew Blues: Wednesday, November 30th!

An old miser kept a tame jackdaw, that used to steal pieces of money, and hide them in a hole, which a cat observing, asked, "Why he would hoard up those round shining things that he could make no use of?" "Why," said the jackdaw, "my master has a whole chestfull, and makes no more use of them that I do." -Jonathan Swift, satirist (30 Nov 1667-1745) 

Photo: Grant Simon Rogers
Patrick, We will bottle at what ever strength you request - at Cask Strength or below. This does not change the amount of bottles which will remain at 44. So, I would recommend receiving at Cask Strength and cutting down the abv yourself - we fill barrels at 62.5%abv. With that being said, we can certainly do 62%. 

We are planning the same 3-3.5yr maturation. We anticipate storage fees to be in the $75-$100 / annually. We will confirm and contact Cask Futures purchasers once finalized.

We are doing a standard label with some naming options for the purchaser. There will be no graphics added - only text option. We are still in the preliminary phase of design.

Feel free to call me if you have any more questions. Every indication so far of our barrels and the warm climate maturation is really lending itself to an amazing accelerated maturation similar to warm climate matured whiskies like Amrut. It’s very exciting. We are presenting some not-yet-whisky at VWF this year and I’m very excited about the prospect of sharing our spirit amongst whisky aficionados. In good spirits, Stevely


Hi Grant! Thanks very much for the speedy response. Certainly much appreciated. You have answered all the the questions raised, to date. I will send along your observations to my group, (Eight confirmed investors, as of this writing, but I'm confident that I'll be at the magic number,11, for our "consortium", in the next little while!), and try to take the pulse of aging date and name. 62.5% abv is more than fine, I'm sure. I only mentioned the Shelter Point bottling by way of comparison. Furthermore, if I can be so bold as to speak for the group, I know we don't require fancy-smancy labels, just an old tattered envelope pasted on with the same kind of glue I used to like eating when in Primary School!

Finally, not a big deal, but am wondering if you are doing any tasting, of product in question, at the distillery, over the next few weeks. If so, my wife and I might pop down to Gallagher Lake. Again, just curious. At any rate, thanks again. Will be in touch as recruitment proceeds. In very good spirits indeed, Cheers, Patrizzio!
Pic: Our first visit to distillery, last April!
Hello Fellow Investors!Here is my response, (see above), to Grant, following message I sent to him, raising a number of questions. Let me know what you think and we'll plan accordingly. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Not sure at Shelter Point has to do with Duhb Glas. Are they the same distillery? If not, don't see the relevance. It would be like buying a case of wine from a winery without ever having tasted their product, but using the quality of a neighboring winery as your guide. Seems like a bit of a "pig in a poke" Hi Colin! You asked some questions, I was only trying to answer as best I could. I used Shelter Point as that is only local malt I've tasted and as an example of abv, particulars of length of aging, with respect to cost, and label. Nothing to do with comparison of product. The craft distillery business is a relatively new venture, at least here in BC, and certainly new to me. I'm not interested in Caledonia offering but in case you are, here is what I just received. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hello Card Sharks! Lady Dar is back where she belongs so we are delighted to host bridge this evening, anytime after 6:30 pm, so let us know who is interested and we'll plan accordingly. Sorry I didn't send this invitation out earlier but I ran into technical problems! (See attached snaps!) Cheers, Patrizzio! Pam was asking could you send out email please. Hi Patrick, I am in for tonight. See you then.

Hi Pamela and Spumoni! We are on so look forward to seeing you both in a couple of hours! Just back from seeing The Wrecking Crew, 60's studio musicians in LA! Fabulous documentary, part of series at the Shatford. Even had whipped cream in my complimentary coffee, along with a delicious peanut butter cookie! Colonel Klink and Double Bass Woman were there as well, spillovers from The Flatlanders. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Flatlanders and Whipped-Cream Woman with some of the treats! 👍

Hello bridge gurus. Just got back from a day Uruguay, Colonial City, wishing you all fun tonight,while we start preparing for our long flight home. Salute, Jos

Hello South Americans! Are you home yet and over jet lag? Can hardly wait to hear about all your adventures and travels, not to mention drinking some of the many bottles you brought back!!! Fondestos to you three, from The Mistress of The Cat Emporium! See everyone soon, I trust. Cheers, Patrizzio!
Hi Patric Looks like the house needs a dog sometimes :-We are back from warm Cuba, but still in Calgary, back to Summerland on Monday. So, if you didn't forget about me I would gladly join the company next time. I am sure you have already forgotten your hip's "little adjustment" and you are as good as new? Kind regards to Lady Dar, Cheers for now Mike

Hello Cuba Libre! Can hardly wait to hear about all your travel adventures, not to mention drinking some of the many bottles of fabulous rum you brought back!!Fondestos to you both, from The Mistress of The Cat Emporium! See you soon, Michaelo, I trust this coming Wednesday. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Lady Dar joined The Flatlanders for their weekly walk and then we met at The Shatford Centre to seeThe Wrecking Crew, 60's studio musicians in LA! Fabulous documentary, part of monthly documentary series at the Shatford. Available on YouTube and Netflix so everyone must see it! Even had whipped cream in my complimentary coffee, along with a delicious peanut butter cookie! Colonel Klink and Double Bass Woman were there as well, spillovers from The Flatlanders. Home to allow Lady Dar to watch The Young and the Useless, avec purring felines on her lap, making up for lost love time!

This evening we hosted bridge and had a great time with Pamela and Spumoni. Pamela brought a fabulous 2012 Stoneboat, (Oliver), Pinotage, 13.9%. [Beforehand, enjoyed a 2015 Township 7 Gewürtztraminer, 12.5%, as a nod to drinkers of whites!] Have never really been a fan of this varietal, developed in South Africa, but this winery's expression is phenomenal. Picked up about four bottles there, when tasting with Flamin' and Sarge, this past Easter, so looking forward to cracking a bottle this weekend. Have the 2013 vintage so curious to see how it compares. Fondestos to you, Malt Glass Gazer, and Marilyn. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Pics: Bridge table. Duke's bidding was better than mine so The Sisterhood insisted he play in my place while I served drinks! Stoneboat Pinotage. Santa, (Naramata Pamela), brought this as an early Christmas present for Mrs Claus and it has become her favourite Xmas tipple! 


Patriçio, I am thinking that if you have 8 of 11 so far, that’s pretty good. Should you have trouble finding more partners, I for one, would entertain the option of going for 1.5 or even 2 shares. Hey, I pumped $90 into the seemingly bottomless gas tank on the monster truck - and it appears I will have to do it again before Rebecca reappears. Her timing is impeccable. I get a dog and an empty tank of gas … she gets the dog back, with a full tank of gas. Hmmm … Oh, and the Shnoz just got a shingles (vaccine) shot which cost more than one share of whiskey futures! Hey, I’ll risk the pain … besides, I don’t think I had chicken pox as a child - ok, mumps but ...

ANYWAY, the point is, the cost of this rather unique experience, in the grand scheme of life, is really not all that bad cheers//bjp
Hi Ragin'! Great to chat last night and delighted to learn that you will be making the trek from The Heart of Kits! I know you are weighed with many responsibilities but to the extent that you are able and want, please feel free to come as early as you'd like and stay for as long as you wish. You will have your own bedroom and a key to the malt cabinet! As I mentioned, appreciate the offer of taking more shares. I should know more by the end of weekend, so will be in touch. Fondestos to you, Ragin', from The Cat Emporium! [Etta and Duke were not amused by Dog List but can barely wait to meet Juno!] Cheers, Il Conduttore

Hi Patrick, All I am trying to ascertain is whether or not you or any one you know has ever sampled (and liked) products from this distillery.For example, I have never tried the single malt from the Pemberton Distillery, but would probably recommend it base on the gin and vodka that I tried (and bought) when I was there. Colin  Hello Colin! I have no vested interest, whatsoever, in any given name. The Burns Street Maltage Aficionados was simply a joke, playing on the Robbie Burns allusion. With respect to your concern about comparisons with other distilleries, I stated, in the original message I sent to you, on November 25th, the following:

Malt Men! I'm keen to take part in this offering. If I can drum up 10 fellow investors, (total 11), cost per share would be around $208, which translates into 4 bottles @$52 per bottle. I am very impressed with Grant's product. Have tasted and purchased each one. Noteworthy Gin doesn't last very long, unfortunately! Since malt has always been what drove him to open distillery in the first instance, I have every confidence that it will be something worth having. Anyway, let me know, the sooner the better, what you think and we'll plan accordingly. Cheers, Patrizzio!

To me, since Grant's malt has not been released, this is in line with what you said about Pemberton. Cheers, Patrizzio!


Hello Patrick, what a nice invitation! As it turns out, we are having our own holiday party here on December 10th, so let's plan on being together in the holiday spirit long-distance. Have a wonderful time, I know you will, and a great festive month ahead! Best, Pat Hi Patrizzia and Mr Grizzle! Great that we will be hosting Open Houses on the same day! Hip Hip Hooray! We will probably be leaving Penticton on or about December 15th so imagine we will be in your neck of the woods around the 18th or 19th. Need to be in Tinsel Town by 22nd to collect Chloë from LAX. Will you folks be around or taking the train somewhere?
Fondestos to you, Patrizzia, and to The Grumpoid Winemaker, from The Mistress of The Cat Emporium! Cheers, Patrizzio!


Hi Patrick, In case you don't get enough support for your Gallagher Lake cask, here is a final opportunity to participate in the Victoria Caledonia casks.
Cheers from Belo Horizonte, a bit cool today at 25 degrees, Peter

Hello Belo Horizonte Man! Can hardly wait to hear about all your travel adventures, not to mention drinking some of the many bottles of fabulous Cachaca you will bring back!!! On a much more sombre note what is the mood in Brazil following the terrible plane crash. I just finished watching Narcos and Medellín figures prominently, as you know, I'm sure. Heard, only this evening, that pilot had been warned that plane did not have enough fuel, based on flight plane. He insisted there was and then radioed that craft had run out of fuel shortly before crash occurred!

Thanks for forwarding information on Caledonia but Kevin had already done so. Up to 8 investors and believe I'll have 11 by the end of this weekend.
Fondestos to you both. See you soon, I trust. Cheers, Patrizzio!
 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment