Wednesday 7 December 2016

Day 81, Post-Op Ragin' Bull Blues: Wednesday, December 7th!

Students who acquire large debts putting themselves through school are unlikely to think about changing society. When you trap people in a system of debt, they can't afford the time to think. -Noam Chomsky, linguistics professor and political activist (b. 7 Dec 1928) 




Patrick, I sent you a card; hope we had the email address right so you can read it. In terms of Villa Vicente, we have an overnight guest on the 19th, so lodging not available that night (except with Boris and Natasha); and a dinner party a week from tonight, the 14th, that may include an overnight guest. SO hope you had a lovely birthday, and do let us know when we should throw out (as in lay in front of the door) the welcome mat! Cactus. Hey, it's time to crack open a bottle (when isn't it?)

Good morning Patrizzio, Long time no hear from the heart of wine country.
Your single malt venture sounds most interesting, but having cogitated over it for a while, I've decided to pass. Many thanks for the offer. I appreciate it and look forward to meeting up with you soon in the future, maybe on a visit to Vancouver? Best regards, Baldrick


Hi Joltin' Jim! Just wanted to say thanks for the wonderful, wonderful concert! Both Lady Dar and I certainly enjoyed it immensely. Please convey our thanks and congratulations to all you fellow Tuneagers, orchestra members and impressive Conductor, Gordon Dawson, for such a terrific start to the Christmas Season. All the very best. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Concert Patrick, Many thanks for the pictures and the kind words. I enjoy my singing in the choir, though I find much of it a challenge as I am not musically trained. So, sometimes, I am concentrating so much on what I am doing that I have no idea about the “sound” of the entire choir. So, I am glad you enjoyed it and I will pass along your message. Cheers, Ji

Hello Patrick et all, No bridge tonight I assume, but looking forward to a Grand Slam on Saturday at Burnstreet. Cheers, Jos Hi Patrizzzzzzziooooo! Congratulations from your young dutch friend! Hope to see you soon, but in the mean time, could you please not use this email to address us, but use our main on This is quite important otherwise we are getting verrrrrrrrrryyyyyyy confused! Hugs from Aarturo Folks, Our website for Samoan Highland Retreat is now live here is the link. Good luck. Follow our Facebook page as well: <http://samoanhighlandretreat.com>  Cheers, Tim
Hi Fast Lane Man and Lovely Rita! Do hope you both will be able to join us this coming Saturday. Cheers, Patrizzio! PS: Josinta and/or Maui Mary please send this to Wim Pim if I above address is not correct or current. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio! Hi Dino! Trust you are well. Sorry we didn't seen you over the summer/fall. However, do hope you and your wife will be able to join us this coming Saturday. Please invite Simon as well. All the best. Cheers, Patrizzio! 

Hi Patrizzio, A most fortuitous meeting in the change room – you dressing to leave and I undressing to stay… Thank you muchly for the invitation. Rita was quite excited when I shared the news. Here is a kind request. I have a first cousin who is quite new to town – retired from the University of Alberta, and now living in town. Might I drag him along? He will bring wine and up the discourse. Of course I have not asked him, so if inconvenient please say so! 

[Billium playing disstillium!]
 
As for wine… my sons and I have been playing with a still – we put our locally picked grapes made into wine into the still and, VOILA, out pours grappa. I shall interest you in an offering!

Hi Pushy Wim!

Of course, by all means, please invite your cousin. Even better, send him with Rita and you stay home and distill yet more grappa! What a great still! Be more than delighted to sample product. At any rate, look forward to seeing everyone on Saturday. Chuffed that you can come. Fondestos to my favourite Rita! Cheers, Patrizzio! PS: I enjoyed your "bookworm" graphic. Funnily enough, when in Library School, millennia ago, in 1974, three of my classmates and I put together a two minute 8mm film called Basil The Bookworm!, for a class group assignment. Basil Stuart-Stubbs was the University Librarian at the time, hence the name. Your logo brought back this fond memory, somewhat bittersweet, as Basil, [a truly remarkable librarian/scholar and gentleman], died four years ago.



My Dear Patrizzio, You are a charming man and will be an enduring friend. I will intimate to Cousin Gordon your warm invitation and send him along with my sweet bride - while , on your humble suggestion, I will remain home distilling my wine. My condolences on Basil's passing. The bookworm leaves an indelible impression, and if you have that short film I'd like to watch it. Would you like my dear partner to bring an appie or any such delectable consumable? Bill's the boy  Hi Grant! Trust you are well. I know it is probably a busy time for you and family but if free hope you might be able to join us this coming Saturday.

Furthermore, just had word from the last friend I contacted and our group is ready to go for the purchase of the Small Cask Portion. Since all but two fellow investors are in Vancouver, I'm planning to collect their share payments when we are there for New Year's. Once I've consolidated the funds I would bring the completed Cask Order Form to the distillery to finish the Investment Agreement, in early January. Does this sound fine?  At any rate, let me know what you think and I'll plan accordingly. All the best. Cheers, Patrizzio!


Hello Fellow Investors! Have reached the magic number of 11 so wanted to let you know that the next stage of the process will soon be underway. Thanks again for your interest and support. All the best. Cheers, Patrizzio! PS: Don't forget about Open House! Ragin' is en route as I scribe!

Hi Senka and Roberto! I tried to send first message to address you gave me last Saturday but delivery failed! [The e-mail address you entered couldn't be found. Check the address and try re-sending the message.] Let me know if I made a mistake somewhere. Cheers, Patrizzio!  


Hi Busy, Forgetful, (Michaelo!), People! If people are interested, we are happy to host tomorrow evening. Let me know and we'll plan accordingly. Cheers, Patrizzio! PS: Don't forget Open House! Ragin' is drivin' up as I scribe!!!! 

Hi Birthday Boy plus 1 day,

Sorry can’t make bridge tomorrow, but looking forward to the big open house. Cheers, Pete
Thanks for being so flexible! Yes, I can make it on Thursday night.... Pam Hi Spumoni! Ragin' arrived about 3:30 pm and was terribly disappointed that the game was not to be this evening so he immediately drank a bottle of Copper Moon, all by himself, thankfully! However, I was able to console him as soon as I read your message so we'll see you tomorrow evening. Enjoy Quartette. Cheers, Patrizzio!

No comments:

Post a Comment