Saturday 10 December 2016

Day 83, Post-Op Lighting Fixtures Blues: Friday, December 9th!

Those who put out the people's eyes, reproach them for their blindness. -John Milton, poet (9 Dec 1608-1674)

Illustration: Leah Palmer Preiss
Next Monday we will hike on Campbell Mtn, near the dump in Penticton. So meet at Home Hardware in Penticton at 9am and Summerlanders can carpool at 8:40am at the IGA parking lot. Pam

Hello Patrick. I hear your party is tomorrow. I'll be there with lights on and of course dancing girls. Hello Light Fixture Man! Nubile dancin' girls await with gallons of malt to boot! Cheers, Il Conduttore! 



[Chloe Alexis Dunn·

Hi Patrick, Thanks for such wonderful evening and lots of fun. I managed to get used to Chicago scoring, particularly because of winning so many fabulous prizes. And yes, Matiola and I will be delighted to see you and all friends at your Open House. Regards. Mike

I am sorry that I missed such an eventful Bridge game. I didn't finish vacuuming until 7 last night (dust from cabinet installation). I will be a pro vaccuumer (is that a word??) once this project is completed. See you tomorrow evening and Corinne tomorrow afternoon to learn how to make make brioche. Until then�� 



Hi Lads, thought this might be fun to view! Especially on a snowed in day! How is it up there on the Ridge? Love Jane xo

Hi Malt Man, FYI, Peter 

Hello SOWTS Members! The Victoria Caledonian Distillery has some great gift ideas for the whisky lovers on your Christmas list. Here is some highlights with more ideas on their website. Stuart Bish, Secretary, South Okanagan Whiskey Tasting Society       <http://www.victoriacaledonian.com> Dr just called with results of CT scan and bloodwork and all is clear. Merry Christmas! Thank you all for your support and prayers. With alll my Love & Gratitude, Francesca
 
[Chloe Alexis Dunn Patrick look at Dukes cousin Troy!!!]

Thanks Patrick and Corinne for hosting yet another fun event. I had a good time despite getting a bit hot under the collar myself! Just came back from feeding the ducks! I had a bag of wheat grain for a couple of ducks that have been coming to my place for a feeding once a day but they disappeared when the weather turned cold. So I've been thinking about their less adventurous brothers and sisters and decided to share their store of feed. I found some ducks at Loco Landing parking lot and they were sure appreciative of having a meal! I'll give them another feed tomorrow morning before going to the Nutcracker in Kelowna (with Elvia and a couple others). I'm driving so will give us an extra 15 minutes to get there safely. Luckily we are going to the matinee so that I get back in time for your open house! Looking forward to seeing you again tomorrow night. Pa
 
Good Morning bridge players and fan supporters, Thank you Corinne and Patrick for hosting,another memorable bridge night. Jos Who could have ever imagined how a small instrument like an onion chopper could do magic in an every day kitchen😃 My favorite door prize ever Jos

Parking fine video: Patrick, I thought a wordsmith like yourself could appreciate this guy’s approach to dealing with his parking ticket. Cheers, Greg                               Attention Old Farts!!!! The annual Christmas gathering will take place on Thursday, December 15th…just a week away. As usual, we will gather at the fire ring on Cartwright Mountain.
 
We will meet at IGA parking lot at 10:00 (yes, you get to sleep in!), carpool to our usual parking area, and hike to the gathering place. This year, I would like to try something just a bit different. Instead of keeping track of who is bringing what, we will bring: -our own main course (sausage and bun or whatever you wish) -our own beverage -a treat or Christmas goodie which we can share around. -some of us might toss in a bit of fire starter or kindling. This may or may not work, but I would like to give it a try this year. Also, please feel free to bring your best singing voice, any music you might wish to share, and even a musical accompaniment if you wish. For those who wish, there will likely be one or two groups going on a short hike around the mountain after our lunch. Just so that I have an idea of numbers, would you please let me know if you are coming and how many others you might be bringing. I would appreciate it! Have I forgotten anything? I trust you are looking forward to next Thursday as much as I am! Cheers, Jim







 

No comments:

Post a Comment