Sunday 27 November 2016

Day 71, Post-Op Office Clean-up Ultimatum Blues: Sunday, November 27th!

A man too busy to take care of his health is like a mechanic too busy to take care of his tools. -Spanish proverb


Open House: This is going to be a fantastic event! I wish I lived closer!!! Will be thinking of you from Sun Peaks :). Have a lovely time with all your friends and family! Take Care, Ariane ��������

Hi Ariane! Sorry you won't be able to join us! Of course I knew it was a long-shot but one never knows!  Fondestos to one and all. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Thanks for the invite Patrick. We regret that we will not be able to make the trek over treacherous mountain passes this year. Have a great party and we'll hope to see you soon. Cheers....Paul & Joan [OK - count me in. Apologies for not responding sooner. Cheers....Paul] Hi Paolo! Sorry you won't be able to join us! Of course I knew it was a long-shot but one never knows! Thanks for letting me know about malt offering. Glad you are part of The Consortium but not nearly as pushy as some. I thought that being in charge of VRC's Doubles teams was headache enough!

I note that in the contract it says the hooch will be bottled at cask strength.  Do they have any approximation of what this might be? Also, what will the label be?  I suggest that as a group, the 11 of us find a mutually acceptable name.  Something with class - perhaps the Burn's Whisky Aficionados. 

As El Jefe I would amend name to The Burns Street Maltage Aficionados! Cheers, Patrizzio!
Cheers, Patrizzio! Tummler, count me in. W Hi Giorgio!  Good Monday Morning! Trust your recovery from a wild weekend is proceedingl as it should! Cheers, Il Conduttore!

I am interested, but would like to know if you are going for option one or option two. Colin Hi Colin! Delighted to learn you are in, or potentially so! I think most people will want the 3.5 year version but, at this point, I'm open to what group might want. With you and me there are five interested investors so far. If you know anyone else who might be keen, please pass along information. I'm still waiting to hear back from two or three other friends so I'm hoping to reach the "magic" number of 11 in the not too, too distant future. Let me know what you think and we'll plan accordingly. Cheers, Patrizzio!
 
Hi Patrice, Lol!.. unfortunately although it's satirical it really isn't that far off! Sorry for the lag in responding to the last email and after finally catching up on it I really enjoyed the Tony Onley paintings. I did not know that he was in Pentiction and I agree it must be fascinating to see some of the landscapes you are now familiar with and which are timeless.

Construction is progressing well and I started the replacement of the decrepit front stairs which were definitely a liability and at the end of their life. Of course before doing so I had to go under the porch and Jack it up and put a beam underneath to support it as the whole thing was sagging in the center due some extremely shoddy workmanship. I got it all shored up and done properly so can install the new stairs today. I also got the rotten front lower deck rebuilt and laid the new plywood which will be the new front room floor as well as framed in the front wall which will be a copy of the current wall/door /window scenario but 4 feet further out. I am hoping to have these to things complete and pull out of here with a trailer load of debris on Tuesday morning so crossing fingers it all goes well today and tomorrow.


Jeremy and Lil are here helping me and are a real pleasure to have around, especially with Jeremy's gourmet cooking abilities!. I have been spoiled in that regard!!. They really enjoy being here as well and I like having the company and a helping hand when and where I need it. I ran out of work over at the new place for a while but had them doing a short day at the old place cleaning and polishing. and will do more of the same today. I explained that I didn't have too much work for them and they were ok with just relaxing and going for walks with Sally as well so working out perfectly.
 

Jim came for a visit last night and we had a great time reminiscing about stuff and the kids and him had lots to talk about as they were there for a year and had some problems with certain people and made the decision to leave and consider their options. Jim was also there for about two years and knew a lot of the same people so they had plenty to talk about.

I just received an email from my new neighbour to the south of the new place. He has concerns about what I am building as he sees that I plan on having a deck out front and is worried about his privacy and the possibility of unruly renters causing a disturbance. I need to write back to reassure him that he need not woory as we will be filtering out undesirables and having a dialogue with him constucting some kind of privacy screening to ensure he has privacy and in fact will be much better than what he alreadty has in place. I knew something was up as i spoke to him briefly about maybe removing some brnches to let some light through the trees and he dismissed it quickly citing privacy concerns. I knew he wasn't on the same page and planned on addressing it again at some point but seeing as he wrote me I will elaborate on my plans to put him at ease. I will forward you a copy for your reading pleasure. Give my love to Corriandre, Etta and Duke and we'll talk soon


Hi Big Al! Great to hear that you have been able to accomplish so much of the work you wanted to do! Hip Hip Hooray! However, while I thought that you were living a dog's life, eating cold beans out of a can, I see that you are ensconced in and dining at a 5☆ restaurant! Every picture tells a story! Thanks for the wonderful visual evidence. For my part, I'm quite enjoying the peace and solitude, [Although not quite "peace" and "solitude" with the rambunctious felines!], of being able to do whatever I want, whenever I want! Of course, Lady Dar would say that that is what I do anyway!!!

In fact, I did make a start on "re-ordering" my office. Started by taking all the clothes, basically T-shirts and sweaters, which I had in the closet, on a shelf above entrance to crawl space, to re-locate them to the top shelves in Lady Dar's Olympic-size walk-in! Even picked up a nifty 4.5' step ladder at Rona that afternoon, regularly about $60 but on Black Friday Sale for
Must away if I'm to accomplish what I said I was planning to do. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!

PS: Are you interested in the malt offering? No big deal but I'd like to know so that I can plan accordingly. What about Paul? Thanks.
Pics: Felines at rest! 


You have tasted (I hope) the various versions.  Is 3.5 yrs. enough aging?   What is the minimum for single malt Scotch? Colin Hi Patrick, I note that in the contract it says the hooch will be bottled at cask strength. Do they have any approximation of what this might be?
Also, what will the label be? I suggest that as a group, the 11 of us find a mutually acceptable name. Something with class - perhaps the Burn's Whisky Aficionados. Colin


Hi Colin! No, I have not tasted any malt from Dubh Glas but I have had some of Shelter Point's 3.5 year old and was very impressed. I await my four bottles, supposed to be delivered before Christmas! According to Wikipedia, "Single Malt Scotch Whisky" must be made exclusively from malted barley (although the addition of E150A caramel colouring is allowed), must be distilled using pot stills at a single distillery, and must be aged for at least three years in oak casks of a capacity not exceeding 700 litres (150 imperial gallons; 180 US gallons)."

I will ask Grant what strength he plans for release and if there is any choice. There was a fair bit of flexibility with release from Shelter Point. Investors decided upon 62%. So far, for Dubh Glas, everyone, (7), seems to be leaning towards release after 3.5 years. Being the most accommodating of organizers I'm open to the popular vote, a la Donald! Perhaps you could undertake to poll investors and and analyze search results if/when we have all the investors required. Of course, I'll forward names/email addresses, etc. Have attached the label the group approved from Shelter Point, as an example. Again, I'll ask Grant about this aspect of release and will be in touch as soon as I have answers to these questions/details. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Grant! Trust you are well. Have a couple of questions from some investors, (7, as of this writing), so here they are: What strength is planned for release and is there any choice? There was a fair bit of flexibility with release from Shelter Point. Investors decided upon 62%. So far, everyone seems to be leaning towards release after 3.5 years. Again, what would be the cost(s) for a longer maturation period(s)? Lastly, is there a choice regarding label? Not a big deal, as far as I'm concerned, but just curious. Have attached the label from Shelter Point the group approved, as an example. Let me know, when you've a moment in what I imagine is an incredibly busy life! All the best. Cheers, Patrizzio! Not interested Patrick but thank you Hi Glasgow! Great to hear from you about malt. Knew it was probably a long-shot but one never knows! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Tummler's Tipple. Tummler's Schmaltz. Hoping for 60% plus, of course. W
Patrizzio's Porch Climber! Cora Lee's Chain Cleaner! Duke's Drink/Etta's Juice! As Leonard said, "Why not ask for more?" 65% and up, up, up! Cheers, Il Conduttore! Must take issue with your choice of names.  "Burns Street" is of relevance only to you. "Maltage" is French for malting, that is, the process of malting, and is therefore somewhat confusing.  "Malt Whisky Aficionados" would make more sense.

Hi Patrizzio, it was a real pleasure to meet you as well. We had a lot of fun and always seem to learn something new...which is the whole idea of course.At this time I'm not prepared to invest in a keg but I will always be happy to help taste the product as it matures. lol. I still plan to leave for Cabo, Mexico in the new year so I have lots going on. I may be living on tacos for awhile but I'll have lots of great stories and hope to learn more about the International world..wine, whiskey...whatever. Have a great Christmas and New Years we we don't meet up before I go. Judi Skinner. Hi Judi! Sorry you won't be an investor but we'll certainly invite you and Tanner to any tastings! I thought you were off to Mexico in December, sometime, but since not until 2017, please come to our Open House! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Sounds like a fabulous, not to miss event. Sadly, I have a previous engagement and will have to decline the invitation. Thrilled to be on the invite list however!  Hope you and The fabulous Lady Dar have a wonderful holiday season. �� Big hugs to you both, Janet Hi Janet! Great to hear from you although terribly disappointed that you won't be able to join us! Of course I knew it was a long-shot but one never knows! Thanks for Christmas wishes. Same to you, Janet, and Gladys Knight and the Pips! Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Pat and Corinne, Thanks for the invite. We'd love to come, but unfortunately it won't work this year. However, we'll join you in spirit and wish you have very merry time with everyone. Ruth Hi Little White! Lovely to hear from you. Thanks so much for Christmas wishes. Same to you, my Darling, the Grumpster and all at the Squamish Waldorf! Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment